3 Tips For Selling Your Home In The Fall
Although the real estate business tends to slow down in the fall, the season still can be an great time to put a home on the market. If you want to sell your house in the next few months, it can be done, and we can help you do it!
Here are three tips to help make your home more attractive in fall, so you can sell your home before the holiday season.
- Clean Up: With the current lower inventory numbers we are experiencing, you will want to make your house shine (literally) above the rest. Eliminate clutter that tends to accumulate through the fall season, like:
- Clear walkways and entries of leaves
- Keep landscaping manicured
- Place a welcoming and clean doormat at your front entry
- Wipe windows of water spots from rain
- Vacuum and wash fireplace
- If the weather permits, create a cozy and welcoming outdoor entertaining space
- Keep entire home free of clutter
- Create Seasonal Curb Appeal: By hanging a fall wreath on your front door, planting some seasonal flowers, and a few strategically placed pumpkins you can create charming curb appeal that potential buyers will love.
- Keep It Cozy: You want to create a warm, and inviting space for potential home buyers. By doing so it makes them feel welcome and helps them imagine the holiday season with their families in your home. Be sure to have adequate and warm lighting, as well as keeping windows clean and spot free to let in as much natural and warm light as possible. And remember, there’s nothing wrong with trying to sweeten the deal with the comforting aroma of a freshly-baked, cinnamon-laced apple pie or pumpkin cupcake to leave a lasting impression on potential home buyers
If you are considering selling in the fall and winter season. Be sure to contact us here, or give us a call at 661-373-2374 and speak with the Mickalson Group about how we can potentially get you top dollar value for the sale of your home!