5 Reasons Millennials Are Buying Homes
Millennials are slowing becoming one of the largest markets when it comes to purchasing a home. They are reaching an age when renting no longer makes sense financially, or personally. Here are 5 reasons why Millennials are making the leap from renting into homeownership:
- Control: When renting a home or an apartment, there are a lot of rules that need to be adhered to. This generation dreams of the days they can paint the walls colors of their choosing, or have the freedom to remodel and outdated living space. Many Millennials have “fur babies” that are either not allowed, or have restrictions. For some, this is not an option to get rid of, or not own any furry family member. These ideas alone are pushing more and more young adults from this generation into home ownership.
- Privacy: From crazy roommates to nosey neighbors, the privacy offered with homeownership itself is enough to push Millennials into homeownership. The security of having complete access to whom is in your home provides a greater sense of happiness.
- Upgraded Living: For Millenials owning a home may mean purchasing new construction, and getting out of used apartments, or dated home rentals. This also may mean upgrading a home to their own preferene. To able to having something new, or newer allows for a sense of pride, and greater happiness.
- Community: Many young adults don’t feel as if they are apart of the community when renting. Maybe because their living situation is temporary, or because investing into a community you may not be a part of hinders them. When owning a home you feel like you a part of the community and take more initiative to be involved.
- Security: Owning a home provides a huge sense of security. You are investing into you and your families future. This eliminates many fears such as rental increases, or a lease unable to be renewed.
If you are ready to make an investment into your families future and have a greater sense of security. Connect with us here, or at 661-505-1051.