7 Staging Tips For Selling Your Home In Santa Clarita
If you are planning to put your house on the market, it goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible and get your asking price. Setting the stage for success with well thought out staging can make a great impact on how much buyer traffic will view your home, as well as how quickly it sells. Buyers like to visualize their belongings and families in a home they are considering purchasing. Too much “stuff” or a vacant home can negatively impact how a buyer sees your home. With these few tips you can be sure to leave a lasting impression on future buyers.
- Curb Appeal– There is something to be said about first impressions. Many buyers will do a quick drive by before deciding to a view a home, so by boosting your curb appeal, you can greatly increase the amount of traffic that views your home. Plant blooming flowers, and fresh greenery, mow your lawn, wash the front windows, and repaint or stain the front porch as needed.
- Have A Welcoming Front Porch– Even the smallest details can create a welcoming environment. Place a nice welcoming mat, and pair it will a small pot of flowers, or a couple pieces of nice furniture. By creating a welcoming environment it will create excitement for buyers viewing your home.
- Deep Clean Your Home– From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. This is the easiest one of the easiest ways to help your home put its best foot forward. You may want to hire a professional to do some of the really tough stuff, especially if you have a large house.
- Clear Clutter– We like to say less is more! Dispose of excess clutter, put away toys, and organize closets. Thats right, you cant hide anything, everything must be thoroughly cleaned and organized. Buyers like to check out how much storage a future home may have and a closet with a mountain of junk leaves a less than stellar impression.
- Create A Neutral Space– As we mentioned before buyers like to visualize themselves in a home. When your home is very specific to your style, or flooded with family memories it makes it harder to visualize it as “theirs”. Paint and decor should be neutral yet warm and inviting. Put away excess family photos a memorabilia so a buyer can see their family, and belongings in the space.
- Stage Your Yard– We are privileged to live in Southern California where it is perpetually summer year round. Play into how nice the weather is by staging your back yard. By placing a hammock to show how quiet your neighborhood is, or an outdoor seating area that is inviting for the entertainment of future guests this greatly increases the appeal of your home.
- Think Seasonally– Again we revisit the idea of buyer visualization. In the summer we talked about the benefits of staging your yard for summer entertainment. In the winter set a fire and decorate for the holidays. Seeing a home in line with the season is a huge plus!
With these few tips, you will sell your home as quickly as possible, and get your asking price. As opposed to a home that is messy and cluttered, or dirty and vacant. If you are considering putting your home on the market, contact us here, or give us a call at 661-373-2374.