Staging Tips for Home Sellers In Santa Clarita
When Selling your home in Santa Clarita, staging can mean the difference between your home being on market for a week, a month, or a year. The visual aspect of seeing what a home could be without the distraction of a vacant homes flaws, a Seller’s belongings, or family memories can make a huge difference visually. By highlighting the best features of your home, while downplaying the less than perfect aspects, you can maximize your pool of potential buyers and possibly sell your home more quickly. Below are are a list of tips on what you can do to properly stage your home:
- Less is more: Some of the most common feedback we get from buyers is how cluttered a home is when they view it. Most buyers try to imagine their life, family, and belongings in a home. They visually start to put their home together. When selling, if you have an overabundance of pictures, furniture, toys etc. it distracts potential buyers from seeing the home as possibly theirs. Declutter your home by putting away all things that are not necessary to be out, getting rid of extra furniture, and cleaning your home before a showing.
- Clean your home: When selling your home it is highly recommended you clean or have a professional service come in and detail the home. Potential buyers are immediately turned off and worry about how many other potential hidden problems there could be with a home when they see that it is unkempt. When a home is clean, organized, and smells good buyers immediately notice.
- Light it up: Proper lighting in a home makes a HUGE difference. When a home is properly lit it gives a sense of being cozy and warm. Proper lighting can also add to the beauty of your home in pictures. Most people start to view homes online before they go in person. If the pictures are well lit and properly done they can majorly impact how many showings your home will have.
- Curb Appeal: The front of the home is the first thing a potential buyer will see. By doing a few small things, such as washing windows, planting fresh greenery, and power washing the sidewalk and driveway you can dramatically increase your home’s curb appeal.
- Paint in Neutral Colors: When walking into a home, a calm welcoming environment is something potential buyers immediately notice. By painting your home in warm, neutral colors, you create a welcoming, and inviting environment. When a home is painted with harsh or bold colors it can potentially turn buyers away because of the “extra work” they would have to do to change it.
- Kitchen Appeal: Updating a kitchen can be expensive. But studies show that with a few updates it can yield in a higher return on your investment. By staining old kitchen cabinets, painting existing hardware, and buying stainless steel appliances you can create a new kitchen feel.
- Gender Neutral Bedroom: With a few small adjustments this is an easy appealing remedy. Remove personal items, have nice clean linens, a few pieces of artwork, and a small throw blanket at the end of the bed, any buyer can imagine their Sunday morning there.
By doing just a few small adjustments, with minimal financial investment you can create an environment that will have buyers flocking to see your property. These are just a few of the many actions that can be done to maximize your selling potential. If you would like further tips, can you can contact us here, or call us at 661-373-2374.