Tips For Improving Your Home’s Curb Appeal
There is something to be said about first impressions. When listing your house for sale your top goal will be to get the home sold for the best price possible! There are many small projects that you can do to improve curb appeal and make a memorable first impression! Your real estate agent will have a list of specific suggestions for getting your house ready for market and is a great resource for finding local contractors who can help. Check out these tips for improving your home’s curb appeal and attracting the most buyers:
- Brighten Things Up: Touching up paint on your home, or even painting your front door a flattering color can really attract buyers attention.
- X Marks The Spot: Be sure that your street number is clear and visible. By repainting street numbers, or adding decorative numbers to the front of your home, buyers are able to find your home more easily.
- Welcome Home: Make the front of your home inviting by replacing worn out welcome mats and adding a decorative chair or potted plants. This creates an inviting environment for potential home buyers.
- Less Is More: When placing your home on the market its best to showcase your home’s beauty by removing excessive or kitschy lawn decorations. Although we love a good lawn flamingo, potential buyers may be turned off by a flock of them.
- Greener Pastures: Make sure your lawn is manicured. Mow the lawn, clear debris such as leaves, and add some fresh greenery. A freshly manicured lawn greatly improves your home’s curb appeal.
- Shiny & New: Be sure to give your home a good cleaning. Clearing your garage of excess belongings, pressure washing the sidewalk and driveway, and wiping down all the windows inside and out give the home a clean and new feeling.
- Working Order: Check all exterior lights, and systems. A dull home or flooded lawn can negatively impact buyers opinions. When viewing homes if it appears there may be repairs needed they may reconsider your home.
When placing your home on the market, you want to get the most value out of your home. With just these few tips, you can make a lasting great impression on potential homebuyers. If you are considering placing your home on the market in 2017, connect with us here or at 661-505-1051.