Tips For Selling Your Home During The Holidays
The Holidays are a time for gathering with family and friends. To celebrate another year, practice our beliefs, and connect with those we may have not in a while. For some, this also may not be the ideal time to put your house on market. There are less buyers, families are traveling, and generally focusing on time with their loved ones. But, that does not mean you shouldn’t put your house on market during the holidays. There are actually quite a few reasons why you should! Holiday buyers tend to be more serious and competition is less fierce with fewer homes being actively marketed. If you are considering selling your home during the holidays, check out these tips below to help you find a buyer before the new year!
- Be Festive, But Don’t Over Do It– Homes tend to look their best during the holidays. They are festive, warm, and welcoming. When choosing decorations for your home, stay away from large items that are distracting or build up clutter. Also, try to steer away from heavily religious items, so that you may appeal to those of all walks of life.
- Choose The Right Agent– The right agent is not only knowledgeable, but reliable, and available to your needs. Picking the right agent, will help ease any worry you have, and ensure a smooth experience.
- Price To Sell– Many home Sellers tend to place their home on market higher than they should. Your real estate agent should be able to advise you on what the market value of your home is. Additionally, the holidays tend to be a time when people spend money. Pricing your home a little lower than normal will increase the traffic and interest in your home.
- Hire A Photographer– Most home buyers tend to begin their search on the internet, especially during the winter when temperatures drop. Be sure to hire a photographer to take high-quality professional photos. This will leave a lasting impression on serious home buyers and drive up traffic interested in your home.
- Spread Holiday Cheer– There is something to be said about the phrase “There is no place like home.” When showing your home to potential buyers, be sure to crank up the heat, play some soft holiday music, and maybe offer a few holiday treats. This makes potential buyers fell cozy and at home, as well as giving them more time to admire your home’s great features and imagine themselves living there.
If you are considering selling your home during the holidays, we here at the Mickalson Group are here to ease your holiday stress and provide the best experience possible. Contact us here, or give us a ring at 661-373-2374.